Saturday, September 4, 2010

The BIG Earthquake

On Saturday morning at about 4.30 a.m, there was a BIG earthquake. It went up to 7.4 and then down to 7.1. After shocks may continue for weeks and a bigger earthquake is predicted. My family only lost two wine glasses and a statue with a wobbly surface. I woke up in the middle of it and didn't know what was happening. All the same, I quickly got out of bed and went under the warm bed I had been sleeping on. When it was all over, my little sister and I went into mum and dad's bed. I think I got to sleep then I realised I'd been lying there for about an hour doing something that I didn't I was doing and I figured I hadn't had a wink of sleep after the earthquake.

3 comments:

  1. I hope those wine glasses weren't full Mary! What a great story about the earthquake. I hope we can see you later this week. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. lats really cool mary from emily young

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story Mary. It's a spooky old time isn't it?

    ReplyDelete